- The hot new genres of influencers.
- 6 influencer marketing trends to watch this year.
- 3 things brands that run successful influencer campaigns have in common.
- Podcast: In conversation with Greg Bailie and Mike Sharman.
Glam Grannies and Kidfluencers
Two new genres of influencers emerged in 2020 and are causing a stir this year. The grey market aka the ageing population is largely overlooked by brands, but in reality, they have huge buying power. Social media might still be dominated by the youth, but older and old people are also jumping on the bandwagon and enjoying and creating content.
Under 16s have also come into their own on social media. They’ve never known a world without social media and the tech that surrounds it means they are well tuned into the digital world. Kids’ voices have also become increasingly important when making family decisions. These kidfluencers carved a niche for themselves on social media platforms over the last year.
Read the full article here.
6 influencer marketing trends to watch in 2021
It’s a new year and a lot changed over the last year…quite quickly too. Below are 6 influencer marketing trends to watch this year:
- Influencer vs creator. What terminology will be used this year?
- Paid amplification will be critical for mass reach.
- Short-term video will continue to skyrocket.
- Social commerce features will boost sponsorship opportunities.
- Authenticity will continue to be key for Gen Z.
- Taking a stand will be crucial.
Read about these trends in detail here.
3 things successful influencer marketing brands have in common
Most brands use influencer marketing as part of their marketing mix these days. It’s no longer a nice to have, but a must have to reach target audiences where they spend a big part of their free time.
These are the 3 things that brands who run successful influencer campaigns have in common:
- They have an influencer marketing strategy in place.
- They set aside a considerable budget for influencer marketing, it’s not just an after thought.
- They have an always-on approach.
Read about these in detail here.
Podcast: In conversation with Greg Bailie and Mike Sharman
In this episode we’re in conversation with Greg Bailie, Head of TikTok Brand x Partnership division at Webfluential South Africa, and Mike Sharman, Founder of Retroviral and a host of other companies.
Grab a cup of coffee and listen as we discuss:
- Why TikTok is popular and why it became even more so during 2020
- Including TikTok in influencer campaigns
- Is it really just for the youth?
- Why TikTok could be a good fit for certain brand campaigns
- How TikTok campaigns are conceptualised, implemented and measured
Listen to the episode here. Please remember to subscribe to the podcast and share.
We are Nfluential…
Nfluential is an influencer marketing strategy boutique agency that focuses on creating ‘road maps’ for influencer campaigns. If you don’t know what success looks like for your campaign, how would you know you achieved it? We also offer education sessions on the industry.
Get in touch:
+2772 412 4749