Your influencer marketing newsletter
Welcome to your fortnightly update on industry news.
What you will read about today:
- Augmented reality trends and what it can mean for influencer marketing content.
- Why Clorox is setting up an influencer advisory board with real influencers.
- Part 2 of our conversation with Andrew Kamphey on the podcast.
- Where is Gen Z consuming video content, and what exactly are they watching?
If you’re a subscriber already, thank you! and continue reading. If not, it shouldn’t take you more than a couple of seconds to subscribe to read the newsletter.
Augmented reality trends and how it might play out this year
Augmented reality has been around for a while, but it’s ramping up this year. From hardware, consumer experience to industry needs, AR will soon be the norm. But what does that mean for the influencer marketing industry?
- Influencers will be able to refresh their content and add a new angle to it.
- The content will bring bring brands’ messaging to life in new and exciting ways.
- Consumption of content will change and consumers will experience the content, not just view it.
- Campaigns focused on education will be even more exciting through augmented reality.
- Many industries that haven’t considered influencer marketing will be able to bring it to life through immersive experiences.
Read the article on the trends by clicking here.
With an influencer advisory board, Clorox is changing up its YouTube advertising strategy
Clorox, a cleaning products company, is rethinking their YouTube advertising strategy by putting together an influencer advisory board. It’s actually so obvious that brands should do this, why haven’t most thought of this? Influencers are experts on content and what works for audiences and are the perfect consultants. The brand is focusing on YouTube because that is where millennials consume a big chunk of content.
What Clorox is doing:
- They are busy putting together the board that will include hundreds of YouTube influencers to understand what content will resonate with their target market, which is millennials.
- They aren’t just asking for them to consult, but are also using them to co-create content. These are collaborations on YouTube adverts.
- The board will not be treated as outsiders, but as if they’re part of the team. That’s what true collaboration looks like.
- Their main objective is to create more authentic and ‘human’ content that will be relatable to and resonate with millennials.
Read the full article by clicking here.
Podcast: In conversation with Andrew Kamphey PT2
We are sure that you enjoyed part 1 of our conversation with Andrew. Part 2 is out at the moment and we chat about the following:
- What is Instagram thinking by hiding likes? Is it really about helping users’ mental health or is more about what the next evolution of social media platforms look like.
- His thoughts on influencer fraud
- Andrew’s interesting views on TikTok
- The contentious issue of ROI in influencer marketing
Listen to the episode by clicking here.
What Gen Z is watching online – and what that means for marketers this year
This article explores what Gen Z is watching online and how marketers need to rethink their content strategies when targeting this group.
- Gen Z has never known a time when YouTube didn’t exist. This is their go-to for consuming video content.
- They watch vloggers and is more likely to want to do that than watch a celebrity.
- They like watching informative content, basically videos that teach them something or through which they can enhance or learn a new skill.
Read the article by clicking here.
Subscribe to view amazing content!
Subscribe to our newsletter to view this article and other amazing content.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
We are Nfluential…
Nfluential is an influencer marketing strategy boutique agency that focuses on creating ‘road maps’ for influencer campaigns. If you don’t know what success looks like for your campaign, how would you know you achieved it? We also offer education sessions on the industry.
Get in touch:
+2772 412 4749